Always creating something, but never knowing what I'm doing. Making my way through life trying to find the wonder in it.
Ask me anything
I know I have a lot of friends who are pregnant or just had a baby, and I have a lot of friends who are staring at us like we are crazy which I totally understand. So this is for all the mom’s that might not know about these things or the people who still want to live their lives but don’t know what to get their friends because what the hell do any of us know about this anyways? One more thing: These are the things I love and my baby loves, different baby could be into different stuff, or you might have more than 700 square feet for a home so you could get better stuff.
1. Piyo Piyo Nail Scissors. I’ve posted about these before. They are the shit. Everyone who has a baby should have them so they don’t cut the tip of the baby’s finger off on accident. Click here for Amazon link.
2. Halo Sleep Sack. My kid will not tolerate the cute little swaddlers anymore. He kicks his feet every which way to keep me from getting them on. The Halo Sleep Sack has a zipper up the front with and option for swaddling arms down so they settle down enough to sleep. I love these so much I got a couple more when he outgrew his first one. And they have heavy and lightweight ones for different weather. Plus they come in a ton of prints. Click here for Amazon link. (p.s. This is not my baby)
3. Indigo First Years Stroller. This is the only really big ticket item on my list, but I really love this stroller. I haven’t used the seat it came with yet just the frame part that the car seat fits on.
It says all over it that the car seat attachment is sold separately but when I got mine it was in the box with every else. I got the green and black model. It has a small footprint, maneuvers great, fits my Graco car seat perfectly, and is easier to use with the car seat than the Graco stroller that came with my travel system. Both strollers serve a purpose but for running around a store this one gets the job done easier. I also like that when he graduates to the regular stroller seat I can face him in or out. It’s really versatile and if I could only have one stroller it would be this one. Click here for Amazon link.
4. This one seems like “Duh” but SOFT blankets. Sometimes all I need to calm him down is to lay him in a soft blanket. He snuggles right up and closes his eyes. I would be lost without them. The ones I’ve gotten from Babies R Us are very nice and wash well. Click here for an example.
5. Rompers. The convenience of a onesie with the style of a complete outfit. I love rompers. I am a weirdo who feels like my baby should wear pants or shorts (and I have a bunch of cute ones) but sometimes I don’t want to hassle with an extra article of clothing. To hide my baby’s diapers and keep us both happy I rely on rompers. Carters makes a bunch of great rompers for boys and girls. They fit great, even when they are a little big they still look so cute, even as a newborn, and they often come in pairs which makes them a great buy, especially for a baby shower. Click here for example.
So that’s it. It’s not the stuff you know you need like a crib, changing table, diaper bag, and toys. I have all that and it’s great, but these are the things I was kind of surprised how much they matter to me. Let me know if you have any great finds, I’d love to know about them.